Our Chase The Ace fundraiser is starting October 10, 2018! Tickets are $4 each or 6 for $20. Tickets are available for purchase October 2, 2018.
Come on out to Pilot’s Pub (pilotspub.net) in Dartmouth every Wednesday evening until the Ace of Spades is drawn. Tickets are on sale all week at Pilot’s Pub until 7:30 PM and the draw will take place at 8 PM.
Tickets For Sale All Week Long:
ALS Society Office
113-900 Windmill Road In Burnside
560 Windmill Road In Burnside
178 Peggys Point Road In Peggys Cove
Haddad’s Pizza & Convenience
2025 Sackville Drive In Middle Sackville
133 Ilsley Avenue In Burnside
Brian’s Barber Shop
799 Sackville Drive In Lower Sackville
Ticket sales will begin on Thursday morning for the upcoming week’s draw and will stop on Wednesday at 12 PM for that evening’s draw.
Visit www.facebook.com/ALSNBNS for updated information on Jackpot totals.
Chase the Ace – House Rules
Draw Dates -2018
December : 05,12,19
Draw Dates – 2019
If the Ace has not been drawn by July 31st, 2019 the draws will continue weekly on Wednesday evenings.
- Ticket sales will be conducted by the ALS Society of New Brunswick and Nova Scotia at Pilot’s Pub, Dartmouth. All draws will be conducted by the ALS Society of New Brunswick and Nova Scotia.
- Breakdown of Revenue:
- 20% of the cash value of the weekly sales will be awarded to the draw winner.
- 30% of the weekly sales will be added to the cumulative draw (Jackpot).
- 50% of the weekly sales are awarded to the ALS Society of New Brunswick and Nova Scotia for use towards the care of people living with ALS in New Brunswick and Nova Scotia.
- The contest is open to any member of the public, 19 years of age and older. Employees and immediate family cannot participate in Chase the Ace. For the purposes of the contest, immediate family includes:
- The employees’ spouses or common-in-law partners.
- The employees’ children, the childrens’ spouses or common-in-law partners.
Board members of the ALS Society of New Brunswick and Nova Scotia and Chase the Ace volunteers cannot participate in Chase the Ace. Family members of the board are able to participate. Board members will not sell tickets or make the draw for the winner of the tickets.
- Ticket sales will commence on October 2nd, 2018.
- Tickets to be sold in Nova Scotia only.
- Tickets will cost $4.00 a piece or 6 for $20.
- All stub tickets for the draw will require the full contact information for the purchaser of each ticket including name, email address and phone number.
- There will be a weekly draw every Wednesday (with a two week break for Christmas/New Years in December/January) at Pilot’s Pub, Dartmouth.
Ticket sales at the office of the ALS Society of New Brunswick will cease at 3:00 p.m. on the day of the draw but will continue at the venue until 7:30 p.m.
At 7:30 p.m. at Pilot’s Pub, ticket sales will cease. 30 minutes will be allowed to tabulate the sales from the venue (including the previous week’s sales from Thursday morning until Wednesday evening at 7:30 p.m.).
- At 8:00 p.m. the appointed lead will announce the combined ticket sales total, the amount of the draw for the evening, and the amount to be added to the jackpot. This will be videotaped and live streamed on the Society’s Facebook page as will the draw. (www.facebook.com/ALSNBNS)
- The volunteer host for the evening will conduct the draw.
- The host will wear short sleeves or will roll up sleeves prior to making the draw (all of this will be videotaped).
- The winning number will be announced at least three times.
- The winner does not need to be in attendance. By signing the back of the stub the ticket purchaser allows the volunteer host to participate in the Chase the Ace Draw for that evening on the purchaser’s behalf.
- The Weekly Winner (if present) will also take part in the Chase the Ace Draw. If the weekly winner is not present, the host will take part in the Chase the Ace Draw on their behalf.
- The ALS Society of New Brunswick and Nova Scotia will notify all Weekly Winners and the Jackpot Winner and will require them to provide proof of identity in order to receive their prize.
- The name, address and phone number of the holder of the winning ticket for the contest will be kept and recorded by the ALS Society of New Brunswick and Nova Scotia.
- All other tickets will be destroyed.
- The ALS Society of New Brunswick and Nova Scotia will issue a cheque to the winner immediately for the prize amount.
- By purchasing a Chase the Ace ticket, the purchaser gives permission to the ALS Society of New Brunswick and Nova Scotia to announce their name if they are the winner at Pilot’s Pub and on Facebook live streamed. Each of the weekly winners and the jackpot winner will be contacted to ask for permission to use his/her name and photo for additional promotional purposes by the ALS Society of New Brunswick and Nova Scotia.
- A copy of the general house rules will be available wherever tickets are sold.
- The Chase the Ace Draw will continue until there is a Jackpot winner.
- The ALS Society of New Brunswick and Nova Scotia will make every effort to maximize the Chase the Ace Contest for the benefit of the public purchasing tickets and for the benefit of people receiving the services of the society.
However, the ALS Society reserves the right to exit the Chase the Ace Contest upon approval of Service Nova Scotia, Alcohol, Gaming, Fuel & Tobacco Division, Licensing and Registration in the following situations:
- Whereby continuing the contest has grown to a point where public safety considerations cannot be reasonably addressed (parking, security, etc).
- Whereby continuing the contest has grown to a point that exceeds the resources of the ALS Society of New Brunswick and Nova Scotia (human and/or technical).
- Whereby continuing the contest would result in a loss of funding to the ALS Society of New Brunswick and Nova Scotia.
If one of the above mentioned situations arise the ALS Society of New Brunswick and Nova Scotia will:
- Temporarily halt the contest for two weeks to fully advise the public of the end of the contest and how the draw will be forced.
- On the final draw date, tickets will be available at the ALS Society of New Brunswick and Nova Scotia’s office at 900 Windmill Road, Unit 113, Dartmouth, Nova Scotia’s office from 8:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
- Tickets will be available at the draw venue from 5:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.
- At 7:45 p.m. and at 15 minute intervals after that, draws will take place until the Chase the Ace card is drawn. Should the 15 minute draw winners not find the Ace, a consolation prize will be given; the amount determined by 25% of the Jackpot available.
Example: If the jackpot is $20,000; 25% of the jackpot = $5,000. If there are 10 draw winners, each draw winner would receive $500; leaving $15,000 for the Grand Prize Winner drawing the Ace of Spades.
- The remaining 75% of the jackpot will be awarded to the draw winner, drawing the Ace of Spades.