Equipment will be recommended to you by your occupational or physical therapist. Prior to purchasing the equipment, please talk to your ALS Champion.
- Your ALS Champion with work closely with your health care team to provide various types of assistive and mobility equipment as they are required.
- There is no needs testing and there are no rental fees to access the equipment loan program.
- There may be some minor set up and fees to adjust the equipment to fit your personal needs.
- The equipment is delivered to your home free of charge.
You need to do two things to access this equipment:
(1) Complete the brief enrolment form and submit it to either the New Brunswick or Nova Scotia ALS Champion.
(2) Have a member of your health care team fax or email a prescription for the piece of equipment you require. Download the Equiment Perscription Form.
(3) To request a Bi-Pap, Cough assist or suction machine.Have a member of your health care team fax or email a prescription for the piece of equipment you require. Download the Bi-pap, cough assist, Suction machine form here.